Mr. Blue 2.0
Give your talent the tools it deserves
Mr. Blue 2.0 is on the cutting edge of innovation – serving as a genuine ECP partner since its launch. Now featuring a whole range of new functions and even greater flexibility than before, Mr. Blue 2.0 is the perfect solution for:
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Differentiating your offerings
- Optimizing your edging process
Complete Control of Lens Mounting
- Optimal monitoring of all trajectories, irrespective of finishing materials or shapes
- Absolute axis control thanks to hybrid edging technology: grinding + milling
- Ideally suited for quality finishing even on highest base curves
- Fast and accurate drilling with data acquired in a single operation
- Automatic centering and blocking for simple operation
- Completely integrated functions without external peripheral devices
- Vertical architecture with <Heads-up displays> for optimum comfort
- Storage features ensure all accessories are within reach.
- Intelligent interface adapts to the way you work.
Highest Quality Guaranteed
- Binocular 3-D tracing of full-rim frames up to base 9*
- Automatic adjustment of centering data based on the frames’ 30D parameters*
Aesthetic and Robust Mountings
- FIT-4-Frame technology with dedicated small wheel*
- Drilling and grooving tools can be tilted up to 30o, making it safe to mount lenses of up to base 10. *Essilor patents and exclusives
- Roughing cycle automatically adapts to the curves of lenses up to base 10, avoiding all risk of breakage
- Bevel placement and shelf depth optimized for safe mounting without undue stress of lens
Aesthetically Pleasing and Easy-to-Mount Bevels
- The bevel heights are adjustable to perfectly adjust to the thinnest grooves
- The shelf bevel heights are optimized to follow the frame’s shape perfectly
- The step bevel is particularly suited for sport eyeglasses with deep, rectangular or uneven groove profile
Specialist functions that help set your store apart from the competition
- Blue 2.0 will help you get the most out of your lab’s expertise more than any other chain
- An elegant design to fit into your sales area
- Unrivalled performance so you can fulfill all requests without compromising on quality
- New opportunities to customize glasses with M’EYE Sign
I purchased the Mr Blue edging system for in office finishing and custom spectacle lens design in 2012 after seeing what it was capable of doing in person when I attended a conference in 2012 in San Francisco. What impressed me the most about the design of the edger was its capability of custom shaping and milling functions, lack of significant sound and lack of significant odor during high-index edging. As the anti-reflective coatings and lens treatments have improved over the past 10 years, one of the most difficult aspects of in-office edging was controlling the lens when blocked for edging. Since a high-velocity wheel was typically used to cut and finish a lens to size, typically the errors made in edging were slip-related. The milling function has been wonderful for eliminating this variable. Reshaping frame traces has also improved the aesthetics of the jobs leaving my office/lab. I feel that any issue that has arisen in the past 5 years mechanically has been immediately and professionally addressed. This is what in my opinion separates my experience with Essilor instruments and other large equipment manufacturers/distributers that I have used in the past.
I’m using my second Mr. Blue from Essilor Instruments, I love it! It’s the extra lab person who never calls in sick, takes a day off and doesn’t ask why…..It’s a part of our success in regards to drilling rimless eyewear correctly in a fraction of time it would take for an outside laboratory. The ease of plug and play for a new staff member to cut basic to unusual high prescriptions with little training. Mr. Blue affords our office staff to know with absolute confidence in a mechanical fit between frame and lens every time, so for our money we invest in Essilor Instruments.
I am using Mr. Blue in all three of my offices, as a tool to help me gained a better practice or better hold of my business itself. I want to be able to produce a product that gives me exactly what I have asked for. With the milling bit, Mr. Blue allows me to have a better axis, to make sure there is no rotation. Therefore my high sale, high Rx issues are spot on.
Mr. Blue has given me a better competitive advantage.
The training I have received from Essilor sales has been great. Any time we have needed them, they have been on hand. The Essilor technicians have all exceeded my expectations of what a great business partnership is meant to be.
If I were to recommend any edger out there on the market, it will be Mr. Blue to all my colleagues. It is the most users-friendly, it is the most accurate and it is the most perfect edger on the market right now with regard to getting a job 100% spot-on.
The Mr. Blue is very easy to operate and very accurate especially with the auto blocker which eliminates one step with a lensometer and the possibility of the axis being off 1° or 2°. The milling feature is also great for high cylinder lenses eliminating the torque on the lens so the axis is spot on, always.