Mr. Blue 2.0
Give your talent the tools it deserves
Mr. Blue 2.0 is on the cutting edge of innovation – serving as a genuine ECP partner since its launch. Now featuring a whole range of new functions and even greater flexibility than before, Mr. Blue 2.0 is the perfect solution for:
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Differentiating your offerings
- Optimizing your edging process
Complete Control of Lens Mounting
- Optimal monitoring of all trajectories, irrespective of finishing materials or shapes
- Absolute axis control thanks to hybrid edging technology: grinding + milling
- Ideally suited for quality finishing even on highest base curves
- Fast and accurate drilling with data acquired in a single operation
- Automatic centering and blocking for simple operation
- Completely integrated functions without external peripheral devices
- Vertical architecture with <Heads-up displays> for optimum comfort
- Storage features ensure all accessories are within reach.
- Intelligent interface adapts to the way you work.
Highest Quality Guaranteed
- Binocular 3-D tracing of full-rim frames up to base 9*
- Automatic adjustment of centering data based on the frames’ 30D parameters*
Aesthetic and Robust Mountings
- FIT-4-Frame technology with dedicated small wheel*
- Drilling and grooving tools can be tilted up to 30o, making it safe to mount lenses of up to base 10. *Essilor patents and exclusives
- Roughing cycle automatically adapts to the curves of lenses up to base 10, avoiding all risk of breakage
- Bevel placement and shelf depth optimized for safe mounting without undue stress of lens
Aesthetically Pleasing and Easy-to-Mount Bevels
- The bevel heights are adjustable to perfectly adjust to the thinnest grooves
- The shelf bevel heights are optimized to follow the frame’s shape perfectly
- The step bevel is particularly suited for sport eyeglasses with deep, rectangular or uneven groove profile
Specialist functions that help set your store apart from the competition
- Mr.Blue 2.0 will help you get the most out of your lab’s expertise more than any other chain
- An elegant design to fit into your sales area
- Unrivalled performance so you can fulfill all requests without compromising on quality
- New opportunities to customize glasses with M’EYE Sign
We have always had Essilor equipment. When we were ready to buy a new machine three years ago, I thought I would stay with the same company because I always liked working with Essilor and the Kappa K that we had was a great workhorse. I did look at other machines but thought Mr. Orange would be a good fit. It was very easy to learn for both experienced opticians and those who had never edged before. We are now using it to make Chemistrie clips in-house. I use the Essibox also and the Mr. Blue tracer is great.
We have thoroughly enjoyed our Auto Orange (Mr. Orange edger with Mr. Blue tracer). They are easy to operate and our technicians mastered them fairly quickly. Our Essilor Instruments sales manager was and is very supportive to our needs, concerns, and questions. We have not had a need for technical assistance but we are comfortable with knowing they probably will be there if the need should arise.
Great job to Essilor Instruments for creating equipment that offers valuable rewards and returns. Our in-house lab has been a wonderful asset for our bottom line but more importantly, it has improved our patient satisfaction immensely! Thank you!
Special thanks also to our Essilor Instruments sales manager for helping us make the right choice!
I wouldn’t buy anything else! Incredible accuracy, Mr. Blue 2.0 is very easy to use. It cuts your production time to under 5 minutes. I had the Mr. Blue for 7 years before getting the Mr. Blue 2.0 and have loved it. The 2.0 added a great feature with following the bevel on a wrap frame in the shelf bevel mode. An unlimited number of jobs can be saved making it very easy to pull up an old job and recut it without the frame.
Also, very important is the tech support. They value your time and quickly respond when you have questions.
Our Essilor Instruments sales manager has done a tremendous job for Houston Eye Associates over the years. He has always been available when assistance was needed and has routinely exceeded our expectations with service and advice catered to our company. These are highly-valued qualities in a representative and it is why we continue to do business with Essilor Instruments. We have had Mr. Blue the longest, for 7+ years, then Mr. Orange, and then the two Neksia edgers. While our needs have changed over the years, the support has not. This is a true testimony to his professionalism and why he is a real asset to Essilor Instruments.
Mr. Blue has allowed our practice to better serve our patients with quicker service at a very competitive price. It has also been a great profit center for our two practice locations. We wouldn’t practice any other way.
It was wonderful calling Essilor Instruments for technical support. The representative was able to simplify the process to help me understand everything I was doing related to the Mr. Blue finishing system and why. The folks at Essilor Instruments are great and helpful.
I always had Santinellis but switched to Mr. Blue six years ago. I now have two Mr. Blue edgers. Mr. Blue is the best machine ever, and I have had quite a few.
We first purchased a Mr. Blue in 2011. We were so amazed by not only the performance, but by the customer service as well, we upgraded to a Mr. Blue 2.0. Through the years, we have not had any issues other than normal wear and tear. If something did come up, our Essilor Instruments sales manager would just be a phone call away. He’s been there from the initial install until now, and still calls or texts me periodically to see how we’re doing. We definitely appreciate this level of service. Now from the technical side, the Essilor Instruments technician has always been there for us as well. He’s been accommodating with our schedules, and has been able to promptly troubleshoot any issues we’ve had. We highly recommend Mr. Blue and the service that comes with it.
In my 36 years of working in the industry, I have used many of the higher-end units and none have come close to Essilor’s Mr. Blue. It is simple to use, worry-free and so precise it still amazes me. I especially like the sealed chamber because it virtually eliminates odors and dust created by edging poly and high-index lenses. In addition, the Customer Support is extraordinary. They will go out of their way to ensure all of your expectations are met.
Sonoma Eyeworks is coming up on its 18th anniversary. In those 18 years, Mr. Blue is our second all-in-one edging system. Mr. Blue is far superior to its predecessor. I have been working in optical labs for 28 years and Mr. Blue is by far the best edger I have ever operated. The machine needs little to no maintenance. The function of a database with thousands of shapes, as well as being able to create an operator’s own database is a huge help. The digital camera in the tracer/blocker is a huge help as well, as it is no longer necessary to mark lenses manually on a lensometer. Everything went seamlessly from the sales associate to the technician that installed the machine. Technical Support as well as Customer Service is there to answer any and all questions in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend a Mr. Blue edging system to another practice.