OPTEC PLUS Smart Vision Screener
Your practice requires a new generation of Vision Screening devices
The Stereo Optical OPTEC PLUS all-in-one digital vision screener enables quick, thorough and repeatable results in the pre-test room, saving valuable time in the exam lane.
New features include a user-friendly interface, an expanded library of tests with limitless customization including auto-mode, randomization and protocols.
- Testing distances: Near, Far and intermediate
- Monocular and Binocular
- Lighting conditions: day / night
- Constant and homogeneous luminance levels with controlled lighting in accordance with the international standard
- Multiple language options available
- No training or certification necessary
- Lightweight and portable
- Tablet, laptop or personal computer (PC)
Note: Submitting a support ticket will take you to a separate website.
The OPTEC PLUS test library is designed to fit all your needs
Preliminary tests :
Loss of accommodation, Visual acuity:
letters / numbers / Landolts / Snellen / E-Tumbling / ETDRS
Refractive tests :
Ametropia Red/Green, Astigmatism, Latent Hyperopia, Fusion,
Lateral and Vertical phorias, Depth Perception
NON Refractive tests :
Color tests / Contrast sensitivity tests
Additional tests :
HOTV tests, Road sign recognition, Allen tests
Horizontal peripheral Vision test :
Stimuli at 55°, 60°, 70°, 80°, 85°, 90° and 100° temporal, 45° nasal
EASY to use and intuitive interface
- Control your test on a single screen
- Select your test conditions in 1 click:
- Night & Day
- Monocular right and left, Binocular
- Far, Intermediate, Near distance selection
- Change your selection at any time
CUSTOMIZATION : Creating your own protocol is simple
- Design and record your own protocol that fits your patient needs:
- Optometry screening
- Occupational Medicine
- Driver Rehabilitation
- Public Health, Primary Care
- Schools, Pediatrics
- Modify your preset protocols during screening
- All tests can be randomized
AUTOMATIC MODE*: Increase the efficiency of your patient flow and save time in the exam lane
- With this unique feature, tests can be :
- Self-administered by the patient or
- Delegated to your staff
- Text to speech technology guides patient through the test, freeing you from repetitive tasks
- Multiple language options
- Preset auto-mode protocols
- The OPTEC PLUS records the patient results for you
CONNECTIVITY : Get all the advantages of a smart device
- Digital records in pdf file that can be printed, extracted and exported
- EMR compatibility to ease your data transfer
- Operated and monitored on:
- PC – Laptop
- Wireless connectivity: Bluetooth
Can we use OPTEC PLUS by itself without a “remote control” like a tablet, laptop, or a PC?
No, you need an external device (a “remote control”) to launch the tests.
Can I connect my own tablet/laptop/PC with the unit of OPTEC PLUS?
Yes, the unit can be connected via Bluetooth. You just need your own tablet or laptop or PC to have Bluetooth capability.
What are the minimum PC requirements?
- Windows: XP Sp3, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- RAM: 1GB minimum
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 minimum
- Hard drive space > 500 MB
- Native Bluetooth or USB to plug in the Bluetooth key provided
- A USB port to plug in the USB drive with the installation instructions and other documents
- Administrative rights for the installation
- PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. Microsoft Edge is not compatible.
Do I need to buy a licence to use OPTEC PLUS?
No, the licence is already included with the USB inside the accessories box. There is no need to get extra licenses.
Can I install the OPTEC PLUS software on multiple devices?
There is no restriction to setting up the software in several PCs, laptops, or tablets. However, only one external device can connect to the OPTEC PLUS viewer at any one moment. Previously connected external devices will be disconnected.
Can I change the language of the remote control and the unit of OPTEC PLUS?
Yes, nine languages are available.
Can I set up series of tests or protocols on my own?
Yes, you can customize protocols to include the tests and in the sequence you want.
Can I print and export reports?
Yes, you can save, export data in XML or print reports in PDF.
Can I export the PDF to my EHR system directly?
After each screening session, the test results can be exported to a directory. Then you can import the test results from this directly to your EHR system.
Is OPTEC PLUS compatible with EHR in the USA?
OPTEC PLUS has the capacity to export data to a standard XML file. It is up to the individual practice to work with its specific EHR company on the exchanges.
You can also import patient information in an XML file so practices will not need to type in the patient information. Again, it will require the EHR program provider to generate the patient information in the proper format.
Are there different models of OPTEC PLUS?
Yes, the standard OPTEC PLUS (C86002) and the advanced OPTEC PLUS PG with glare and a glare recovery test (C86004).