Functional Vision Analyzer
Ideal for pre- and post-op cataract, refractive surgery and clinical trials
- Includes contrast sensitivity tests (sine wave gratings)
- 4 lighting conditions – Day and night, with and without glare
- Meets ANSI standards with unsurpassed homogeneous illumination
- Optional software to illustrate real-world image of patient results
- New unsurpassed homogeneous illumination
- Background luminance complies with international standards
- All light levels microprocessor controlled and continually calibrated
- Binocular glare testing
- Target illumination comes standard with 3.0 cd/m2 for night testing, and 85 cd/m2 for day testing, or may be customized* to specific needs with a value range of 1.0 cd/m2 to 125 cd/m2
- Glare luminance at distance comes standard with 1 Lux and 28 Lux for night glare testing; 10 Lux and 135 Lux for day glare testing
- Contrast Sensitivity test to evaluate the patient’s overall functional vision. Choose from either Sine Wave (F.A.C.T.®) or Letter (C.A.T.®)
- Potential acuity for a quick assessment of macular function
- Includes F.A.C.T.® Contrast Sensitivity slide package
* Note: Customized target illumination, glare levels, & test packages must be determined upon order placement.
I run a busy practice with 9 doctors and 40 assistants in Corpus Christi, TX. I rely upon my Stereo Optical FVA to provide quick and efficient screening. I own 4 of these units.
I rely on my Functional Vision Analyzer in both Research and Clinical Practice, especially for patients with cataracts and/or AMD. The Stereo Optical FVA provides consistent real-life visual simulation of how an individual patient with chronic eye disease actually sees, at distance and near, in terms of contrast and glare, well beyond common 1862 Snellen visual acuity tests.