Cornea 550 Corneal Topographer
Specially designed for precise diagnosis and effortless dry eye assessment and contact lens fitting
- High-resolution color camera
- Wide array of graphic representations
- Advanced qualitative and quantitative tear film assessment
- Ability to track ortho-K progression and differentials
- Dynamic and static capture pupillometry
- Large contact lens database and autofit function (RGP)
- Independent screen to facilitate the sharing of results
- Infrared pictures and HD pictures and videos for both meibomian glands and the anterior segment
- Ability to focus on a specific area for analysis
Analysis using the AnaEyes software
New: Ocular Surface Disease Index (OSDI) survey included in AnaEyes.
Note: Submitting a support ticket will take you to a separate website.
Advanced Tear Film Analysis for Dry Eye Treatment
- Videokeratoscopy scan of the corneal surface for redness to help assess the eyelids hygiene
- Calculation of the tear meniscus height based on a measured area to evaluate the tear volume
- Non-invasive measurement of the tear film break-up time and the anterior segment
- Assessment of the quality of the tear film
- Meibography with color scale enabling the evaluation of gland loss
Streamlined Contact Lens Fitting Process
- Precise evaluation of the corneal surface and wide variety of graphic presentations.
- Rapid and easy selection of the best lens thanks to fluorescein image simulation and integrated database which includes lenses from 27 brands.
- Dynamic and static capture of the pupil reaction according to light conditions (scotopic, photopic, mesopic).
Valuable Tool to Facilitate Communication
- Efficient way to share information thanks to the wide and high definition screen.
- Comprehensive and easy-to-understand graphic representations to enhance your expertise.
Dry eye is likely the number 1 most under-diagnosed problem in an optometry practice. Cornea 550 is the turnkey solution for dry eye analysis, diagnosis, and management, with a complete yet intuitive and comprehensive solution for the patient and practitioner.
- 5 features enabling a full understanding of the ocular surface due to enhanced software capabilities and maximum coverage of the cornea
- 1 questionnaire recognized as one of the most famous to diagnose symptoms of dry eye (OSDI survey)
- 1 graphical summary report that embeds all the measurements to ease the discussion with the patient
- Guided reporting taking the practitioner step by step in its management of dry eye
- Automated analysis of TBUT
- Comparison to existing and famous scales: Meibo scale for meibomian glands and Effron scale for ocular redness
- All data printable in one single graphic report (sample report)
- Facilitating the discussion between the optometrist and the patient while the data acquisition may have been performed by the technician
Click on the image to enlarge:
Cornea550 - Ocular Surface Disease Index (OSDI) Survey Demo
Tear Film Demo
How does it measure topography?
Placido rings (versus the cone technology)
How many points does it measure?
It uses 24 rings to measure 6144 points, covering the whole cornea.
Can I do reports?
Yes, there are preset reports and custom reports are also available.
Is a computer included?
No computer is included. We suggest you buy the computer from us to avoid compatibility issues.
How many viewers are included?
Software is included with two additional viewers.
Do “extra” functions cost more (e.g., Meibomian analysis, tear film analysis)?
In Cornea550, everything is already included.
Does it have Meibomian and tear film analysis?
Yes, there are multiple forms of analysis for upper and lower Meibomian glands and tear film breakup, including live-video capability.
Does it detect keratoconus?
Yes, it has an automatic keratoconus indicator with details of the degree.
Can we do progression reports?
Yes, the doctor is able to follow the patient and compare images over time.
Do we have a soft lens library for Cornea550?
No, only rigid lenses
Do we have a scleral lens library for Cornea550?
No, only rigid lenses
What are the minimum requirements for the PC?
Windows 7, 8 or 10. 2 USB 3.0 ports. Intel Celeron Processor, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HD and 1024 GB video card
Is Cornea550 DICOM compatible?
Yes, but we do not have the integration with EHR.
Do we need a USB3 port in the PC?
Yes, one port is needed.
Can we do Meibomian analysis with Cornea550?
Yes, we can do it for the superior and inferior.
Can we do tear film or BUT analysis with Cornea550?
Yes, with real-time video capability
Can I measure the elevation of both the anterior and posterior cornea?
No, Cornea550 only measures the anterior.
Does the software have cases of corneal pathology such as keratoconus?
Yes, it has patient cases.
Can I do multiple map displays?
Yes, it can display 1, 2, 3, or 4 maps.
Can I do OD/OC comparison displays?
Yes, also from old exams.
Can I do an overlay of the image for OD/OS?
Can I do a full study of the pupil diameters?
Yes, it is called pupilography.
Can I simulate NaFl (fluorescein)?
Yes, it can be done using the numerical values obtained from the topography.
Can I do pictures and videos of the anterior segment?
Does it include features for keratoconus assessments?
Yes, also alerts
Can I do printouts of the display?
Yes, every single display can be exported as a report in PDF.
Does Cornea550 have the Scheimpflug technology?
Does AnaEyes have corneal ectasia monitoring and treatment?
Yes, there are features that will allow you to show the treatment progress.
Can I monitor keratoconus progression on patients?
Yes, there is a feature that will allow you to monitor the keratoconus progression.
Is Cornea550 an Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography (AS-OCT)?
Do I need to drill my table to mount Cornea550?
Yes, it is required, with a footprint like a slit lamp (13″ x 13″).